What Are the Side Effects of CBD Oil?
CBD oil is a hemp extract that has been winning customers’ hearts from all over the world in recent years. However, despite the increasing popularity of this natural product, many people are still concerned about the side effects of CBD oil. Is the extract of Cannabis sativa safe? How can it impact your body? Keep reading!
CBD oil – what is it?
Although many people are afraid that CBD oil may impact their health negatively, it’s important to mention that cannabidiol isn’t the same as marijuana and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol, a mind-altering substance found in it).
Therefore, CBD oil won’t make you feel high and isn’t categorized as an illegal drug. Instead, it can have a positive impact on your well-being and mood.
In simple words, CBD is a compound extracted from the hemp plants. Thanks to the fact that it can interact with the endocannabinoid system found in the human body, it has been recognized as a potential solution for numerous conditions in recent years. For example, as mentioned in one of the studies conducted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, oils with cannabinoids may be helpful in relieving pain, anxiety, sleeping disorders, and stress.
Although it might seem that this natural extract is highly beneficial to the body, many people are concerned about the potential CBD oil side effects, as only a few studies are discussing this aspect.
CBD oil: benefits and side effects
While cannabidiol is constantly being examined as a potential treatment for numerous conditions such as diabetes, anxiety, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease, the number of studies that would confirm the beneficial impact of CBD on the human body is still limited.
Why should you choose this natural hemp extract, and what are the potential CBD oil benefits and side effects?
Top benefits of cannabidiol
Cannabidiol may have a positive impact on your health and well-being, thanks to the fact that:
- It’s recognized as a potentially effective anti-seizure medication,
- It doesn’t contain psychoactive ingredients,
- It may alleviate the pain, anxiety, stress, and numerous symptoms of various conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes, or multiple sclerosis,
- It may have a positive impact on the bedtime routine,
- It’s generally well-tolerated,
- It may help to heal common skin conditions, like acne or psoriasis,
- It may improve your appetite.
CBD oil – side effects
When it comes to the side effects of CBD oil, it’s crucial to mention that:
- It might cause dry mouth,
- It might cause diarrhea and drowsiness,
- It might reduce the appetite,
- It might make you feel tired,
- It might interact with taken medications (for example, blood thinners) and affect their effectiveness,
- It might trigger anxiety,
- It might affect your well-being and cause mood swings,
- It might make you feel dizzy,
- It might cause nausea and vomiting,
- It might increase the number of liver enzymes that mark inflammation (therefore, people suffering from liver diseases should use it carefully).
Since there is little we know about the potential CBD oil benefits and side effects, it’s recommended to consult your healthcare professional before you decide to purchase cannabidiol extracts. Although the product is generally safe, it’s worth considering that it might interfere with some medications like immune-suppressants, antidepressants, opioid painkillers, antibiotics, anticonvulsants, or rifampin-based medications. Moreover, CBD oil isn’t suitable for women who breastfeed or are pregnant. Therefore, before making a purchase, consult available materials or your doctor to make an informed decision.
Do you want to discover how we make our CBD oil? Then, check out our entry and explore the process step-by-step!