CBD & Hemp Cosmetics – Everything You Should Know
CBD and hemp cosmetics have been gaining enormous popularity in recent years. So what are they, how do they work, and how can they boost your skincare routine? Keep reading our entry to discover the beauty benefits of CBD and hemp extracts!
Cannabis, CBD, hemp seed oil – what’s the difference?
To start analyzing the potential beauty benefits of CBD and hemp cosmetics, let’s discuss the difference between three commonly confused terms: CBD, cannabis, and hemp seed oil.
Cannabis can be categorized as hemp or marijuana based on the THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) levels. So if your beauty products have less than 0.2% THC, you’re dealing with hemp extract. As you probably know, THC is a mind-altering substance that makes you feel high.
CBD (cannabidiol) is a natural compound found in hemp. It’s not psychoactive, and it turns out to be a promising treatment for various conditions.
Hemp seed oil (Cannabis Sativa seed oil) is cold-pressed oil obtained from hemp seeds. It’s important to mention that it doesn’t contain CBD.
Now, you shouldn’t have problems differentiating these compounds and finding products that meet your needs.
How does CBD work?
Because every human has the so-called endocannabinoid system, our bodies produce cannabinoids, and cannabinoid receptors are located in our tissues and organs. Therefore, CBD may stimulate the receptors in our nerves and skin cells, providing relief to numerous conditions and symptoms.
Beauty benefits of CBD & hemp cosmetics
Although the impact of CBD and hemp cosmetics on our bodies is still being examined, many people believe that CBD is a natural alternative to various medicines.
CBD and hemp cosmetics show moisturizing qualities, which can help minimize wrinkles, lines, skin irritation, redness, and puffiness.
Moreover, hemp seed oil is a quality emollient filled with omega fatty acids. It ideally moisturizes dry hair and skin, leaving it soft and glowy.
How to find quality CBD & hemp cosmetics?
To enjoy the potential beauty benefits of CBD and hemp cosmetics, first, you need to find quality products tailored to your needs. To make an informed decision, focus on the aspects mentioned below:
- First, check the ingredients to ensure it’s actually CBD. Frequently, cosmetic labels include information about hemp seed oilor cannabis Sativa seed oil. However, it’s worth noting that these substances aren’t interchangeable with CBD. If you want to buy CBD and hemp cosmetics, make sure that there is cannabidiol mentioned on the packaging.
- Second, verify the concentration– the higher the concentration of CBD, the greater the chances that the product will be beneficial for your skin.
- Third, analyze the type of CBD– there are both full and broad-spectrum CBD oils. The first group contains less than 0.2% of THC and various cannabinoids. In contrast, the latter also includes different cannabinoids but doesn’t include THC.
- Fourth, check the producer – make sure that the company doesn’t withhold anything from the customers and presents all information in an accessible, transparent way. Certificates and various documents proving the quality of cosmetics and CBD concentration may come in handy at this stage.
- Test the product – once you buy your CBD and hemp cosmetics, start by applying only a bit of the product and make sure that it doesn’t cause any allergic reactions on your skin. Although this doesn’t happen frequently, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Cannabinoids have been recognized as a promising solution to common skin conditions. Therefore, it’s worth checking out available options and choosing a formula that suits you best, as quality CBD and hemp cosmetics can positively impact the condition of the skin.